ABOUT OUR PRACTICE
From teens to seniors, women of all ages should have access to high-quality medical services under one roof. At Rockville Gynecology in Rockville, Maryland, the compassionate practitioners provide individualized care for all gynecologic needs for women in the Washington D.C. area.
The expert team includes Carolynn Young, MD; Tosha Luchtefeld, MS, FNP-BC; and Kathleen Skillin, PA-C, MMS, in addition to several dedicated medical assistants. Their mission is to work together to provide patient-centric care, where patients receive the health education they need to make informed decisions regarding their health care.
At Rockville Gynecology, patients can receive routine well-woman exams, adolescent care, cancer risk assessments, contraception and family planning, and treatment for gynecologic issues, such as fibroids and endometriosis. The caring team also offers preconception and infertility counseling to help women on their journey to motherhood.
Rockville Gynecology is home to some of the most advanced medical technology on the market. Practitioners can provide non- and minimally invasive in-office treatments with state-of-the-art Cynosure® platforms. Between body contouring with SculpSure®, skin tightening with Pellevé®, and vaginal revitalization with MonaLisa Touch®, women can restore their youthfulness without pain or surgery.
Patients of Rockville Gynecology commend the team’s dedication to overall wellness and improving each patient’s quality of life. The practice provides flexible scheduling throughout the week, even for new patient appointments, and offer late hours on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Rockville Gynecology welcomes new and existing patients to the practice.
★ Awards Received ★
- Dr. Young was voted by her physician peers as a Washingtonian Top Doctor in every year since 2015
- Dr. Young served as the Chief of Gynecology at Suburban Hospital from 2009-2012
- Dr. Young is currently the Co-Director of the daVinci™ Robotic Steering Committee at Shady Grove Adventist Hospital
- Tosha Luchtefeld is a member of the Georgetown University faculty in the Nursing Practioner masters program, where she previously graduated first in her class with distrinction and was a member of the Sigma Theta Tau honor society.
- Dr. Young was inducted into Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society, graduating in the top of their class.
- Dr. Young donates her time to the Shady Grove Pregnancy Center, where she serves as the medical director.
Words from our patients
"Dr. Young is a lifesaver in so many ways and will always do the best she can to help her patients."
"Dr. Young is wonderful. She is very knowledgeable and she doesn't rush you through the appointment. She is very caring."
"All aspects of my experience with Rockville Gynecology has been outstanding - from interacting with staff, waiting for results, using the portal and seeing Dr. Young."
"Dr. Young was so lovely and gentle she really made me feel very comfortable and heard. I would definitely recommend Rockville Gynecology!"